Saturday, January 12, 2008

Masculine Cards




I don't know why I struggle so much with making masculine cards. Here are a couple that I did for 2 birthdays this month. I need to figure out how to take better pictures...the first one is a little washed out and the second one (showcased on my Cuttlbug...lol) doesn't give the true colors. Anyway, at least I got some much needed creating done! The first one is using a technique I saw on this blog http://memystampsandi.blogspot.com/2007/12/framed-trees.html. Mine is a lot simpler since it was intended for a man's birthday card. I used Stampin' Up's "Lovely as a Tree". The second one is done using Stampin' Up "Wildfowl" and SU cardstock. The backgrounds are from Cornish Heritage Farms...I love these backgrounders! Thanks for looking!


9 comments:

Debby said...

nice cards Amy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Lynn Put said...

These are awesome card, I always struggle to make a masculine card myself, but you did a fanastic job on these!
The best way to get a good shot of a card, I found is to take a picture in soft natural light. But since its winter here I don't have real great natural light, so I try and use my Ott light and tweak the shot on my computer, it work ok I guess.

Becky said...

Ohhh these are beautiful! Thanks for linking me up with your blog. I will definitely be back. WAY COOL STUFF HERE!

Deb Wood said...

These are great! Masculine cards are tough, but they all are for me. LOL! Love your blog very creative!

scrappinpeg said...

I struggle with those cards too. My coworkers got on to me the other day and said you NEVER bring those kind to work for us to buy! I said (I never buy that kind of paper!) LOL....
Great job on yours!

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome guy cards, boy they are so hard to do and you did them wonderfully, no tips from me on taking pics I can't get it right either!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the second guy card for sure! The first one is great, too, but love the look of the oval and then the other superimposed tree! I have this set, so will have to do some playing!

jenstamps said...

I have the same struggle but these two you created are awesome! I just love the rich warm colors.

Anonymous said...

They are both great men's cards, but I particularly like the tree one. It looks fabbo!