Sunday, May 18, 2008

Canoeing and Fishing

Do you think I could find some time to craft?! Apparently not...I've really been missing it, but life has gotten way too busy and too many other things need to be done...like fishing...LOL! Larry has been wanting to get the canoe in the water since the weather turned warmer...so yesterday after he worked 8 hours (starting at 5AM!) and coming home and making a canoe hauler similar to this one (but not as fancy. I'll post a picture later) and me teaching an AM strength training class and planting all (25) my dahlia bulbs (which meant hauling dirt and digging holes!) we loaded up and headed to the river. It was very sweet of him to make this contraption so I didn't have to carry the canoe down the steep bank to the river. The river was up quite a bit so the "normal" spot we put in was covered in water so it was VERY steep...yikes! Not enjoying this part of the trip at all, even when the river is down, I decide to suck it up and deal with it for him. I decided I better use the "facilities" before getting in the boat which consisted of tangling with some stinging nettles (OUCH) and decided to forgo that plan! Larry started to get into the canoe and slid in the mud right down to his waist into the water (have yet to see if his cell phone and wallet will recover)...this is FUN! He finally gets into the boat and now it is my turn. I just knew that I could get into the canoe so much better (I was thinking) and wouldn't fall in. Okay, okay that mud is REALLY SLICK and there I go waist deep into the water. At least I had my river shoes on rather than socks and shoes like him. All I can say is YUCK as I try unsuccessfully to get out of the water and up the steep muddy bank. Finally we got into the canoe and didn't catch ANYTHING! I do have to admit that floating on the river is nice and it isn't very wide (that's why it isn't easy to get in and out of) and the current is very slow. We found a different spot to get out so no more catastrophes there.

All in all it was something we could laugh at when we got home except for his new cell phone may not ever be the same.

My question is this: Do we, women, go to this much trouble to do the things we like to do? I don't think I have. The things we do for the men we love right?! Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely sounds like a trip you'll laugh about down the road. I hope the cell phone dries out!