Saturday, October 18, 2008

How does one...

collect so much stuff?! Going through stuff as I pack I keep wondering why I keep some of the stuff that I do. Some things have sentimental value, some have monetary value, some are used regularly while others are used seldom and then...there is ALL the rest! I think it would be worthwhile to go through things on a regular basis and clean out a room, closet, cupboard, drawer, etc. My excuse for not doing this is that I just don't have enough time and granted I don't. My Mom keeps pushing the FlyLady to me and I haven't given in yet, but maybe I need to invite her in and see what she has to say. Anyone else ever try her? Until next time...love, light and laughter!

5 comments:

mnhyrkas said...

I like Flylady- If you do sign up for the emails I suggest to put it on daily digest. There are quite a few messages sent each day. Also, if you read the monday message it will give you the run down for the week as far as the daily cleaning/decluttering missions. Sometimes I do the missions, sometimes I don't. She always says, don't feel like you are behind, just jump right in wherever you are. It's encouraging.
In addition to the missions there are inspiring and encouragement and basically training to change the negative self-talk that we are all guilty of from one time to another. For example I love how she always says when you get rid of something by donating it is like blessing someone else. I say that to myself every time I declutter now. Give it a try- you can always unsubscribe.

Sandra Ramey said...

Interesting...I hadn't heard of the "flylady". Hmmm...Clutter can really take energy away from us, I know that much.

Marla said...

I know that a LOT of people LOVE the flylady and she really helps to motivate people. I am an organization freak who LOVES to get rid of things so I am constantly purging - sorry to say. In fact I have a load right now in the garage that needs to go to the Goodwill!!!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem Amy, especially since my partner is a collector of things. When we moved in together we swore we would never move again, as there was just too much stuff to pack up and then unpack at the other end!!! LOL. Love the house you have found, BTW. It looks gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Amy,I have used the Flylady before we moved and you know what she helped me a lot! It doesn't take a lot to do what she says either. Maybe when I am back on my feet, we both can sign up!